Analysis: tying the struggle for the right to gay marriage to racial justice. (I've always said that this was the best way to make the push for it.) NYTimes editorial here.
Analysis: China's response to its worst natural disaster in three decades has revealed a nation in the throes of political change.
* Ugh. The military is building a huge new prison in Afghanistan.
* "It is damaging for America when President Bush's penchant for slash-and-burn politics is put on display abroad."
* Good read: examining the electoral math for the fall.
* Today's top headline: Will Gay Marriage Help the GOP?
* OK, I love the new Clinton poster. But that's me.
* Examining McCain's view of the future.
* Cartoonist Will Elder, one of the founders of Mad magazine, passed away.
More strike fallout: trepidation at the television upfronts for the fall season.
A younger, more hip Freemasonry?