Joel Achenbach asks: what does the president's job really entail, day in and day out?
CAN'T TRUST THAT DAY:
* The Post takes on the new economics of hunger.
* Top read: Andrew Cohen on the 13th anniversary of the Oklahoma City bombing.
* Another mystery: why is the mortality rate so high for these women?
* "Mr. McCain seems to combine the two strains of the decade in which he grew up."
* The new partisan world leads to local discord over campaigning.
* Futurist: looking at DC, seventeen years from now.
* Egads. Thawing out the colossal squid.