Top read: Abu Aardvark on the recent meeting of the Gulf Cooperation Council.
* Sen. Pete Domenici's punishment for putting pressure on a U.S. attorney, and possibly being involved in the scandal involving his firing? 'Qualified admonition.'
* The administration looks to respond to the growing international food crisis.
* On the ground in the Punjab, dealing with a legacy of agricultural crises.
* Thousands left homeless by China's bulldozers in preparations for the Olympics.
* NYTimes editorial on the Pentagon's propaganda push.
* "Has US abstinence policy failed?"
* McCain supporter and goofy preacher John Hagee decides Hurricane Katrina may not, in fact, have been because of the gays.
* Why going out to the movies is still a bargain.
Turns out dinosaurs are even closer to birds than previously thought.