On misleading numbers from the government on Iraq.
Details emerge on the raid on the Jeffs compound in Texas. More from the Post here.
* Dana Milbank notes its not just the goalposts that are moving. Howard Kurtz found the whole thing completely predictable.
* Good read: Abu Aardvark with an interesting report on post-surge Iraq.
* Trickle-down effect: the IMF slashes its forecast for growth in the world economy.
* On the ground and behind the scenes of the surge, a reporter shares his views.
* Examining the opposing foreign policy teams of Clinton and Obama.
* Dick Polman thinks the Penn issue is more of a question of Clinton's judgment.
* American grounds hundreds of flights for emergency maintenance, the latest mass delay hitting passengers. (Sorry, meant to say 850 more. My bad!) (UPDATE: over 1,000!)
* Is Satan in the architecture in DC?
Why I love The Daily Mirror: hey, it's those minor characters from L.A. Confidential!