Sign of the times: thieves are leaving the cars, but stealing the catalytic converters.
Asking a judge to stop a supercollider in case it, you know, accidentally destroys Earth.
* Ugh. Somalia is on the verge of collapse. Again.
* China may turn a corner for the worse on Tibet. Also, the Explainer on why China cares so much about Tibet.
* The fight to retake Basra isn't going well. Is Iraq headed for a meltdown? Abu Aardvark wonders whether or not the administration knew about the Basra mission ahead of time.
* Inside a Hizballah training camp.
* "The Federal Reserve would have the power to regulate virtually the entire financial industry under a Treasury Department proposal to be announced Monday."
* Haditha update: only one Marine still faces charges.
* Why the candidates avoid talking about urban issues.
* The TSA is going to update its policy on nipple rings.
Listen to the oldest recorded human voice.
The return of... the Lone Ranger?