Abu Aardvark on looking ahead to announcing a withdrawal from Iraq, and what would happen next.
* "Inflation is walloping Americans with low and moderate incomes as the prices of staples have soared far faster than those of luxuries."
* And while lower property taxes are a good thing, that means less income for the already overburdened local governments.
* With an expanded role, the UN budget increases.
* Michigan more or less drops efforts for a primary do-over.
* Follow-up: Scooter Libby disbarred.
* Sweep: "all but two of the Republican leaders who controlled the House before Democrats seized power in the 2006 elections are gone or on their way out."
* More drone flights in the Middle East?
* Actor Paul Scofield passed away.
Digging under Rome always yields more historical artifacts.