How many trillions of taxpayer dollars?: by any measurement, the administration's estimates for the cost of the war in Iraq dramatically missed the mark.
The war in public opinion, five years later.
* Reframing the Second Amendment question over DC's gun ban.
* Quietly, the Bush administration changes its tone on Hamas and No Child Left Behind.
* Telling details: McCain and foreign policy.
* A woman writes to confront her neurotic anxiety.
* Neat. Mummified dinosaur found in North Dakota.
* Chester Cheetah turned evil. (And I swear that's Christopher Lee doing his voice in the commercial.)
* The NYC crane collapse is fascinating to me. Here's another story, of a man's home impaled by a steel beam.
* And the #1 most watched network is... Fox.
Info from the SciFi Channel upfronts, including details on the Galactica prequel and some new shows.
The AVClub interviews Trey Parker and Matt Stone.