"It's no mystery. You have a very unhappy electorate, which is no surprise, with oil at $108 a barrel, stocks down a few thousand points, a war in Iraq with no end in sight and a president who is still very, very unpopular. He's just killed the Republican brand."
QUICK AND DIRTY NEWS:
* 'Was it worth it?: The diplomatic fallout five years on from the US-led Iraq invasion'
* And it turns out Bush is pro-smog. No, seriously.
* Good read: the pro-big business Supreme Court.
* Why OPEC won't boost supplies. Go ahead, guess.
* Mixed signals from McCain on foreign policy.
* So, uh, who won in Texas? And by how much?
* 'Compared with British and French affairs, the Spitzer mess is a bit of a disappointment.'