Welcome to America, 2008: "Almost half of all Americans have moved away from childhood traditions to embrace other faiths - or no religion at all."
Why the West is all talk and no action on Darfur.
* The Army says it must cut combat tours. I'm sure Bush will jump right on that, since he always explains how he listens to his generals and all.
* Good read: a war we must end.
* The World Food Programme may have to ration food aid because of rising prices and a shortage of funds.
* "But Israel's experience shows that assassination – or what Israel terms 'targeted killing' – is a double-edged sword. The policy only pays off in a few special cases."
* Should we expect more from the candidates and the press on our foreign policy?
* An economist's idea to improve city life by focusing on the neighborhood.
* Interesting: is Obama getting adequate security?
* Hee. Eugene Robinson on Fox's Black Genius Camp.
* Cataloging every species on the planet in one encyclopedia.
* Also, the doomsday seed vault has opened.
* Oh, right. Complete list of Oscar winners.
Sechin Bajo: the oldest urban setting in the Americas.
The AVClub interviews Summer Glau.