* Examining checks and balances, and Bush's relationship with Congress.
* Double standards: "Economic policy makers in developing countries couldn't help but raise an eyebrow as the United States began trying to mitigate its credit crunch."
* Shifting its policy, China looks towards Darfur.
* A look at Castro's legacy.
* Examining the differences between Clinton and Obama on the issues.
* "There is something about an election year that makes politicians start bragging about how many furry or feathered critters they've killed."
* "Texas, once the oil capital of North America, is rapidly turning into the capital of wind power."
The AVClub introduces a new blog on the new cult canon, and kicks it off right with Donnie Darko.