-President Bush, one week before the bombing in Riyadh
Don't forget, lunar eclipse tonight, visible across North America. Except around here, if weather reports hold up. Grr.
* Fishing has decimated the fish population.
* Health costs of obesity nearing that of smoking.
* Remind me again how much Microsoft has changed?
* Hey Iraq, if you don't want to get discouraged, don't look at Afghanistan.
* Speaking of shameful, what about our prisoners of war at Guantanamo? There's no way we would tolerate Americans getting that treatment from a foreign government.
* And whoah, we're authorizing our occupying troops to shoot looters on sight?
* Things that make me want to go stand in front of a bulldozer: Israel kills three Palestinian police in a raid on Gaza, then five more Palestinians during a march the next day.
* France calls US on 'unnamed administration sources,' one of the Bush administration's favorite tactics.
* While it's no surprise that GOP senators are selling influence, I still don't like reading it.
* Should we address inequality with the budget?
* Speaking of unemployment, we're in one of the worst hiring slumps in 20 years.
* Blacklists vs. spam.
* Computers able to understand context?
* Read about John Davis, the prolific secret producer, and find the surprise movie entering production.