Separating facts on the ground from the administration's fictions about Afghanistan.
The old clerics in Iran are being pushed out for a younger, more reasonable generation.
CAN'T TRUST THAT DAY:
* Defense Secretary Gates wants to keep the troops in Iraq. Bonus: recommended reading on the current state of affairs.
* Recognizing the quiet success of Israel.
* "You might think that the emergence of a potentially decisive bloc of disaffected voters would seize the attention of the two major parties."
* "Time and again, the media's preferred narratives for this campaign have collided with reality."
* Analysis: Ana Marie Cox with the current state of the election.
* Clinton dumps her campaign manager.
* Our allies in action: "Religious police in Saudi Arabia are banning the sale of Valentine's Day gifts including red roses."
* Netflix goes for Blu-Ray.
* Seriously, has the anti-Scientology movement just blossomed recently, or is something else going on?
* Congressman and Holocaust survivor Tom Lantos passed away.
* Actor Roy Scheider passed away.
"To unlock the secrets of the climax researchers are looking behind the scenes and into the nervous system, where the true magic happens."