Egads. A Russian story of revenge.
Our rodent weather god has sentenced us to six more weeks of winter.
* Nice. Federal appeals court refuses to review Guantanamo ruling.
* 'Why the job market is even worse than you think.'
* "The Surge was supposed to be a holding action while the Iraqis sorted themselves out. But the Iraqis aren't sorting themselves out."
* Andrew Cohen notes that the Attorney General isn't the only one who can end waterboarding.
* Huh. A major al Qaeda commander is killed, but neither the US nor Pakistan takes credit.
* What's the Senate ethics panel working on?
* "The proposed Yahoo deal is a confirmation that Microsoft has become exactly what Bill Gates used to fear — sluggish and bureaucratic."
The AV Club presents eighteen particularly ridiculous prog-rock album covers.