Good read: "In a culture that is prudish and pornographic, girls are supposed to turn themselves into enticing little pop tarts who then 'just say no.'" (Courtesy asimplelife.)
Presidential race? Boring! Chris Cillizza starts the line on running mates!
* Thanks, Mr. Bush! "The United States military is not prepared for a catastrophic attack on the country, and National Guard forces do not have the equipment or training they need for the job."
* Mukasey's disappointing debut featured him towing the party line.
* Major changes are in store for meat production worldwide.
* "The government's mismanagement of American Indian trust funds is not simply sloppy bookkeeping - it is willful neglect."
* Lingua franca! Checking out the oft-used words use in the Republican debates. I asked for one for the Democrats as well.
* Differing views on McCain from Rick Moran and Dick Polman.
* Why newspapers shouldn't endorse both McCain and Obama.
* New report fingers man-made global warming as the cause of the Midwest droughts.
* Science shows that double-dipping your chip is, in fact, a bad idea.
New mammal found in Tanzania: "The bizarre-looking creature, dubbed Rhynochocyon udzungwensis, is a type of giant elephant shrew, or sengi."
Joe Quesada returns to Colbert to discuss the new Captain America.