Wowzah. Japanese holographic water monster. Must see video! (Courtesy mscongeniality.)
* "The US, EU and other democracies are accepting flawed and unfair elections out of political expediency, Human Rights Watch says in its annual report."
* Israeli panel calls the 2006 war with Lebanon "a big and serious failure." But Amnesty International says it's the report that's flawed.
* If the threat of terrorism isn't going anywhere, can we learn to deal with it?
* Sigh. More misconduct in the investigation of the U.S. attorneys scandal.
* Bush pushes for new trade pacts.
* Joe Klein on challenges for McCain's follow-through.
* Cable news websites embrace tabloid headlines.
* Good reference for candidates' platforms, gathered in one place, including references and quotes. (Courtesy mscongeniality.)
* Surprising pictures from Mercury, including 'the Spider.'
* Planning the backup Oscars program.
Marvel unveils the new Captain America.
Brian K. Vaughan says goodbye to Y: The Last Man and hello to Lost.
The Nightmare returns: Freddy's back in a new movie franchise.