Canadian military refuses to transfer prisoners to Afghanistan's government after finding evidence of abuse and torture.
* Yeesh. "The White House confirmed Wednesday that its new budget next month will not request a full year's funding for the war in Iraq, leaving the next president and Congress to confront major cost questions soon after taking office in 2009."
* Bush re-nominates a controversial lawyer to the bench, despite Congressional condemnation.
* Nice. Freakonomics on don't ask, don't tell. (Courtesy thewronghands.)
* BAGnewsNotes on the breach of the wall in Ramallah.
* Why Republicans might not want to make too big a deal about the Democrats' earmarks.
* "I'm here to tell you, if either of these two guys get the nomination, it's going to destroy the Republican Party. It's going to change it forever, be the end of it."
* "The incident instead has highlighted an old Czech tradition of tomfoolery that is a particular matter of national cultural pride."
The name of the new James Bond movie is announced, and it's lame. (Courtesy takaal.)