* Grrr. "The Bush administration drafted amendments to the War Crimes Act that would retroactively protect policy makers from possible criminal charges for authorizing any humiliating and degrading treatment of detainees." (Courtesy ninjacooter.)
* Jose Padilla was sentenced to 17 years in prison, none for the original reasons that he was held and detained. Here's your mandatory Andrew Cohen analysis.
* "Responding to a worldwide stock sell-off and fears about a U.S. recession, the Federal Reserve slashed its benchmark interest rate."
* Fred Thompson drops out of the race.
* The conservative attempts to co-opt the legacy of Martin Luther King. (Courtesy professorbooty.)
* The Oscar nominations are released.
I think that's it. Did I miss anything else?