Good read: two views on progress and the future in in Iraq.
Nice. A speech on unity by Barack Obama.
CAN'T TRUST THAT DAY:
* Analysis: the administration scaled down its foreign ambitions.
* Gaza's power plant is shut as Israeli blockades take their toll.
* The perils of trying to get girls an education in Afghanistan.
* Abu Aardvark on changes in the Sunni community in Iraq.
* "Mocking the ethics law simply fuels a cynicism that can only make future ethics battles harder."
* Petraeus as NATO chief? Not seeing it.
* On journalism: "Isn't the news itself still valuable to anyone?"
* Howard Kurtz on the candidates and the media.
* Duncan Hunter drops out of the Republican field. Prompting people to try and remember which one he was.
* Scientists uncover evidence of ancient Antarctic volcanic eruption.
So, uh, how are soap operas still on during the strike?
Good read: on DC Comics, infinite Crises, and branding. (Courtesy warmaster.)
The Razzie nominations are announced.