CAN'T TRUST THAT DAY:
* "President Bush's senior national security advisers are debating whether to expand the authority of the CIA and the military to conduct far more aggressive covert operations in the tribal areas of Pakistan."
* Hey, everyone's realizing that independents are actually the people deciding elections. Who knew?
* The top science-and-tech privacy threats of 2007.
* Another good read: "What is it about Mormonism?"
* Two economists argue that violent movies prevent violent crime.
* Meeting the new Bond girl.
* Interesting. UMCP plans to create a social hub for College Park.
* A soldier's final blog post, which he asked to be posted on the event of his death. (Courtesy jwiv.)