Why is the Justice Dept.'s internal investigation already compromised? Because it's not an independent investigation in any way, shape or form. Sigh.
* "The economy is on the edge of recession, if we're not already engulfed in one."
* David Ignatius on the U.S. military and Africa.
* Intel withdraws from the One Laptop Per Child campaign.
* Catching up: LiveOnline transcript with Dan Froomkin.
* Paul Krugman thinks the candidates need to talk about China.
* Dan Balz on how Obama succeeded in Iowa, and how New Hampshire could be even better.
* Follow-up: Norman Hsu sentenced.
* "The invisible ingredient in every kitchen."
Interesting. Five movies that proved that the MPAA rating system is broken. (Courtesy asimplelife.)
The Explainer covers why we don't toss hazardous waste into volcanoes.