* Zimbabwe spirals into chaos.
* Overfishing and deep sea fishing are ruining the ecosystem.
* Israel confirms that it will be expanding two settlements.
* Bob Herbert on the grim economic future for average Americans.
* Trickle-down effect: as the real estate bubble bursts, local taxes start to give way, which is hurting local government.
* Global warming brings a tropical virus to Italy.
* Analysis: Romney's tendency to 'exaggerate' is coming back to haunt him.
* Budget cuts translate into layoffs at Fermilab.
* Pantone announces the color of 2008.
"What would George Washington do about Iraq?"