Examining the Zubaida case: "Bush's Exhibit A in defense of torture may in fact be an exhibit for the prosecution."
* Torture tapes, redux: more on what the White House knew, and when they knew it.
* A Congressional ethics board without subpoena power?
* The Democrats' first year back in power isn't exactly auspicious.
* "There's nothing subtle about the candidates' waving of the cross in the presidential contest."
* Huh. David Brooks all but endorses Obama. Also, Obama names his own 'axis of evil.'
* Follow-up: remember how Bush opened military air space to ease Thanksgiving congestion? Is anyone surprised that delays were, in fact, worse this year?
* DC gets its own quarter! Thanks, uh, Puerto Rico.
Heh. The Explainer with the questions they didn't answer in 2007.
The ten most memorable quotes of 2007. (Biden gets the deuce!)