Rove reasserts his revisionist history, despite evidence piling up against it. Is he just trying to stay in the news? Is he hoping that if he keeps repeating the same lies, people will start believing them?
Legendary daredevil Evel Knievel passed away. Bonus: an appreciation by James Poniewozik.
* How Jordan operated a secret CIA prison.
* "The executive director of the Kansas Republican Party has issued a stern warning to his fellow conservatives: Abortion is not a winning issue."
* Why the recent developments in stem cell research won't help Republicans.
* Heh. Virginia Republicans change their mind about their loyalty oath. Good work, guys!
* I may have posted this before, but: Ted Rall, on thought crime.
* "Why did CNN make immigration the keystone of this debate?"
* More on the emerging Giuliani police escort scandal.
* Another quiet hurricane season draws to a close.
* Huh. Anime company Viz buys a movie theater.
* Richard Leigh, the author of The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail passed away.
Yes, absinthe is back. No, it's not as cool as everyone makes it sound.
It's also been a while since I gave you ten things we didn't know this time last week.