A LITTLE SATURDAY NEWS:
* Examining Putin's widespread appeal in Russia.
* Analysis: Bush plans to spend his final year on a more modest and more domestic agenda.
* NYTimes editorial on next week's Mideast peace conference in Annapolis.
* Abu Aardvark with Iraq's best case scenario.
* The president of Oral Roberts University resigns amid scandal.
* Jim Hoagland on the Republican candidates and role reversals.
* Meet the make-up artist who changed Hollywood.
Good read: EW.com names its top 25 entertainers of the year. And I firmly agree with their pick for #1.