Vox populi: America, by the numbers.
CAN'T TRUST THAT DAY:
* BAGnewsNotes on the general's propaganda.
* E. J. Dionne Jr. on Bush's new financial smoke and mirrors.
* What if the FBI found out one of their forensic tests didn't work, but didn't tell anyone? Including the people convicted as a result of its use?
* The dollar continues to slide.
* As the country ages, the cost of caring for an elderly parent goes up and up.
* "I don't know what the book is about. But when the government bans a book, there is something interesting in it. So, I'm buying the book out of curiosity."
* The dark underbelly of... chess. Someone should do a musical about that.
New study links reading to test scores pretty directly.
Catching up with the Armstrongs: Asian nations turn to space.