Good read: "In our modern dematerialized world, you don't have to build a building to have permanent surveillance over individuals and their behavior. You can do it with an information system." How our behavior is changing for living in today's surveillance society."
* Heh. A federal court declared Bush's new fuel economy standards too weak. Bam!
* Follow-up: State Dept. officials will not be forced to serve in Iraq (yet.)
* Dana Milbank on Justice Thomas at the Federalist Society.
* Grading yesterday's Democratic debate. Plus, review by Joel Achenbach.
* Paul Kane says goodbye to Hastert.
* Ugh. Political changes made to a global warming exhibit at the Smithsonian.
* Meet the Nigersaurus taqueti.
Religious scholars meet to discuss the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
Ooh. Tim Burton signs with Disney for both Alice in Wonderland and a full-length version of Frankenweenie!