"Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf declared emergency rule Saturday, suspending the constitution amid a heavy security presence."
* 'How Iraq's Elections Set Back Democracy' by Ayan Allawi.
* "America's civilian agencies are unprepared to contribute adequately to 21st-century global security challenges."
* Wait, the TSA tipped off its screeners to an upcoming test and they still failed? Good work guys.
* Bush veto #5: the water bill.
* Damning Obama with praise.
* Paul Krugman on Guiliani's problems with numbers and what it might indicate.
* On evangelicals, the Bible, and magic.