"Yet the White House once again seems hell-bent on being outwitted in the court of global opinion; and, maybe, on making a strategic miscalculation that could make the war in Iraq look like a sideshow."
"Russian President Vladimir Putin says US plans for a missile shield could precipitate a situation similar to the Cuban missile crisis of the 1960s."
* Welcome to America, 2007: the Higazy case reveals how your government is conducting the War on Terror.
* The State Dept. was protecting Blackwater from scrutiny at least as far back as '05.
* "Yet the leaders of the Values Voters keep waiting for one of the top-tier candidates to change - a strategy that any woman who's had an unsatisfactory boyfriend could warn them is never going to pan out."
* The Fact Checker, on Republican claims about 'HillaryCare.'
* Noam Scheiber on the media's role in the Huckabee surge.
* Inside Dodd's BarberGate.
* Were Neanderthals redheads?
* On Harry Potter and tolerance.
* Colbert vs. Stewart: Has the student surpassed the master?'
Cyberpunk reality: virtual reality games you can feel. (Courtesy theantichrist.)
Groovy gallery of, and I am not joking, Japanese manhole covers. (Courtesy professorbooty.)
Mega-spoiler pic from Aliens vs. Predator.