"George W. Bush, despite all his recent bravado about being an apostle of small government and budget-slashing, is the biggest spending president since Lyndon B. Johnson. In fact, he's arguably an even bigger spender than LBJ... Take almost any yardstick and Bush generally exceeds the spending of his predecessors."
* Oversight, at last: "Waxman has become the Bush administration's worst nightmare: a Democrat in the majority with subpoena power and the inclination to overturn rocks."
* On the ground with the displaced in Darfur.
* "A former U.S. attorney general on Tuesday accused the U.S. attorney in Pittsburgh of launching public corruption probes that targeted Democratic officeholders while looking the other way when presented with evidence of misconduct by Republican officials."
* Russia works to curtail the activities of election observers in the former Soviet states. No, seriously.
* Interesting: Abu Aardvark on the full Osama Bin Laden audio tape.
* Are we headed to a cold war with Iran?
* Why you can't compare Bush's reaction to the California fires to his reaction to Katrina.
* The Fact Checker gives its final ruling on Al Gore.
* Microsoft buys a piece of Facebook.
* More comedy from Verizon. (Courtesy warmaster.)
* One of the 'fathers of DNA,' Dr. James Watson, resigns over racist comments he made while on a book tour.
* Bonus: how Santa Ana winds fuel fires in California.
White House Press Secretary Dana Perino on the positive side of global warming.
So. How have YOU been celebrating Islamo-Fascism Awareness Week?