The California fires 'force the largest evacuation order in modern times.'
No, seriously, why can't the government just denounce waterboarding once and for all?
* "The cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan could total $2.4 trillion through the next decade, or nearly $8,000 per man, woman and child in the country."
* "We wrongly blame globalization for much that ails us."
* On the ground in Burma, after the protests have ended.
* "The attorney-general nominee's evasive remarks on waterboarding should disqualify him from the job."
* Courage in journalism awards given to female Iraqi journalists.
* "It doesn't work, it's expensive and it's intended for a threat that doesn't exist -- but by golly, according to President Bush, missile defense is absolutely essential." -Dan Froomkin
* "Basic rule of Congress-watching: If they've passed something, it's either meaningless, stupidly symbolic or crass porkification."-Joe Klein
* David Chase breaks his silence about the Sopranos finale.
* Attention Philly and NYC: Battlestar Galactica in theaters?
China launches its first lunar orbiter.
Holy cats, it's a gallery of North Korean propaganda postcards.