HALF-ASSED TUESDAY NEWSDAY:
* "President Bush has left whole agencies of the executive branch to be run largely by acting or interim appointees - jobs normally filled by people confirmed by the Senate."
* Could Blackwater and other private contractors be declared unlawful combatants?
* How IEDs are changing warfare.
* 'Some states are being overwhelmed by growing numbers of failing schools that cannot satisfy the No Child Left Behind law's escalating demands.'
* Dubai as a success story in the Middle East.
* LiveOnline with the author of The Year of Living Biblically, where a guy spends a year trying to live by the literal word of the Bible.
* And the Buffy musical tour is dead.
* "Has Christian Bale ever played a character who would be any fun in bed?"
As noted a couple places: Stephen Colbert wrote a column for the NYTimes. Comedy gold.