Call your representative: "Civil rights for LGB... and T."
* How the displacement of people inside Iraq could further destabilize the Middle East.
* "The Marine Corps is pressing to remove its forces from Iraq and to send marines instead to Afghanistan, to take over the leading role in combat there."
* Analysis: "While clear law exists for the military in war zones, a patchwork of untested laws and practical obstacles all but insulate contractors from accountability."
* Should telecoms have legal immunity for their part in warrantless wiretapping?
* With little fanfare, Bush signals a change in trade policies.
* Reviewing the Republican debate with Joe Klein and David S. Broder.
* Times are good for dentists, but not for their patients. Man, yeah. Sigh.
* The search for energy reaches to the ends of the earth.
* More casting rumors for the Star Trek prequel.
Hollywood roundup: scripting the EverQuest movie; Pixar takes on John Carter of Mars; new Terminator film slated for 2009; and Land of the Lost greenlighted as a Will Ferrell vehicle.
The Nobel Prize in physics is awarded for breakthroughs in giant magnetoresistance and hard drives.