Blackwater was exempt even from rules governing other
Excellent commentary by Steve Coll on Petraeus and the future of Iraq.
How the crisis in Darfur shows the limits of diplomacy.
* Republicans block proposal to extend leave for troops fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan. Dana Milbank covers Sen. Warner's flip-flop.
* The Secretary of Agriculture steps down, possibly to pursue Hagel's Senate seat.
* New anti-abortion tactic? Zoning laws.
* Dubai to buy large stake in Nasdaq.
* Investing in China's police state.
* "Reading the air is an essential trait for a Japanese politician."
* Fewer marriages last 25 years.
"The movie Barzolff is working on for the big screen is about two guys who create a UFO hoax so realistic that it spirals out of their control."