Great read: inflating the threat of radical Islam.
Insurgents respond to the Crocker-Petraeus report.
* As noted elsewhere: Iraqi government revoked Blackwater license, and they are now reviewing other security contracts. As a result, our government has suspended convoys. If only we had some troops over there to handle security.
* Homeland divided: "A vast internal migration is radically reshaping Iraq's ethnic and sectarian landscape."
* "Republican filibuster in the Senate today shot down a bipartisan effort to restore the right of terrorism suspects to contest their detentions and treatment in federal courts."
* Talking with Jordan's Prince El Hassan about Iran and the Middle East.
* Why conservatives don't like Mukasey.
* British lawyers and scientists want innocent people taken out of the national DNA database.
* The melting of the Arctic ice is so bad that it's opened a new passage.
* The Redskins come up with a new place you can't take pictures.
* Casting the Trek prequel: hellooo, Uhura.
"Of the estimated 7,000 languages spoken in the world today, linguists say, nearly half are in danger of extinction and are likely to disappear in this century."
"A scan of the Ladies' Home Journal from 1900. The article is entitled: 'What May Happen in 100 Years'." (Courtesy multiplexer.)
"Hitler's globe is missing."