Graphic representation of ethnic cleansing in Bagdhad?
Good read: Andrew Cohen on the failure to enact legal policies to guide the 'war on terror.'
"What I Saw in Darfur" by Ban Ki-moon
* "How, then, has the political debate in Washington become so skewed? Why is it so out of step with the will of the people?"
* Analysis: "President Bush addressed three very different audiences on Thursday night, and he had to hope that each would hear a different message."
* And, the day after Bush's big speech, we get the White House report on benchmarks. Whatta coincidence!
* Abu Aardvark on the assassination of Abu Risha, and what it means in the larger scheme of things.
* So long, Tony Snow.
* Why Republican gerrymandering in California won't work: that pesky Constitution.
* How campaign finance has lead to bundling fundraisers like Hsu. (I'm still waiting to see how that story turns out.)
* The Explainer on the heat in Iraq.
* No good news for the new fall TV season?
In pictures: on the ground with the Iraq 'surge'.
Aw, yeah. Today's featured article on Wikipedia: Dungeons & Dragons.