Analysis: historians at odds with Bush over the lessons of Vietnam. Good read.
Texas executes its 400th inmate. Oddly enough, the crime rate doesn't seem to be plummeting.
* Bush presents his new angle for talking about Iraq. Dan Froomkin dissects the new pitch, plus more reactions from historians. (Bonus phrase: "a neoconservative fantasy.")
* New details (and scare tactics) on the warrantless surveillance program from the National Intelligence Director.
* Get ready for the advertising war over the Iraq occupation. Dick Polman also discusses the spinning.
* The Army Secretary wants to limit deployments.
* Newt Gingrich calls for a better debate format.
* "Nine fossilised teeth found in Ethiopia are from a previously unknown species of great ape."
* Watching UFOs on YouTube.
Are you ready for the return of... American Gladiators?