When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life has your country taken over by a foreign invader and split into a civil war, make murals on the security barriers.
GOOD SUNDAY READING:
* How the 'good war' in Afghanistan went bad.
* "If President Bush wants Americans to give him the power to spy on them at will, Americans should be allowed to know how much their freedoms are being abridged."
* Meanwhile the atrocities in Darfur continue.
* Does America really have the best medical care in the world?
* The candidates are holding plenty of debates, but is anyone watching?
* Interesting. Nationwide, frustrated voters seek to change how we elect our officials.
* Uh oh. America is no longer the tallest country.
Alan Tudyk on nude scenes in his new movie.
Television legend Merv Griffin, creator of Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune, passed away.
Factory Records founder and musical force Tony Wilson passed away. I wasn't really aware of the breadth of his contributions until I saw the movie 24 Hour Party People, which definitely piqued my attention and drew me to read more. The BBC also discusses some of the tributes to his life and career. (Bonus: BBC gallery.)