"Congress is stampeded into another compromise of Americans' rights." Commentary on the new eavesdropping law from the Post and the Times, and coverage by Mr. Froomkin. Slate wonders why the Democrats want to give new powers to, you guessed it, Gonzales.
Britain asks for the return of Guantanamo detainees, in a major policy shift.
On the ground in the Iraqi civil war. (And some quick comments by Joe Klein.)
THE REVENGE OF NEWS:
* Behind the scenes of the new ethics bill.
* The Fed, the weak dollar, and the Bush administration.
* Abu Aardvark on turmoil in Jordan.
* "Christian churches are moving closer to a common code of conduct on how they go about winning converts among themselves and from other religions, the World Council of Churches (WCC) said on Monday."
* Newt Gingrich on the insanity of the modern presidential campaign.
* Wow. Cisco profits up 25%.
* 'Variant of the dopamine receptor gene may be associated with ADHD'
* Ah, Hollywood. The truth behind Meerkat Manor.
Studying ancient nomadic cultures for clues to modern politics.
Political lessons from some guy named Shakespeare.