Gonzales: As a general matter, I would say that's a good question.
"Congress must not capitulate in the White House's attempt to rob it of its constitutional powers."
Behind the numbers: presidential job approval ratings. Hee.
* Gonzales stands by his contradictory testimony. Democrats call for a perjury investigation, and that sounds reasonable to me.
* Are the Democrats shifting their stance on abortion?
* Are the Republican prospects for 2008 so dire that they are pinning all their hopes on someone who isn't even running yet?
* The ESA is pricing their own Mars rover.
* Queen Rania on the meaning of Islam.
* Checking out the lineup at the Venice Film Festival.
* Southland Tales finally makes it to the big screen.
* "Doctors say most of the people who get a visit from the sweet-faced, gray-and-white cat are so ill they probably don't know he's there, so patients aren't aware he's a harbinger of death."
Just, wow: "Texas governor Rick Perry has appointed a creationist to head the Texas State Board of Education." (Courtesy marag.)
Casting for Watchmen announced.
And in case you, like me, wish you were at ComicCon, check out the LATimes blog here.