Andrew Cohen on two important developments on the legal front in the war on terror.
Fear itself? "Like any terrorist organization, al-Qaeda wants attention. It wants to be perceived as powerful. And it particularly wants Americans to live in fear. Could al-Qaeda possibly have found a better publicist than President Bush?"
* Dana Milbank on the Gonzales knuckleduster. More coverage from Slate here.
* Hey, remember when the surge was advertised as being a short-term strategy? yeah, good times.
* No Child Left Behind pushes reading and math at the expense of social studies, science, and art.
* Is Obama reviving Reagan's strategy for victory?
* "Russia is sending a mini-submarine to explore the ocean floor below the North Pole and find evidence to support its claims to Arctic territory."
* Fermilab chases the god particle.
* The Henson Foundation makes a large donation for the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta.
* Ahem. "Voracious Jumbo Squid Invade California"
So, the power outage that killed LiveJournal was different from the situation that sacked Netflix.
Surprise Marvel guest-stars in the new Iron Man movie.