Great read: "There is only one outside influence that may - repeat, may - cause the Iraqis to get their act together: the beginning of a phased withdrawal, without timelines or deadlines."
"There's no way to challenge the President's assertion of executive privilege, because, well, the President has asserted executive privilege." This is getting ridiculous.
Grr. "Democratic leaders in the House and Senate are slowing their drive to revamp the nation's voting systems."
* Ted Rall explains how the Democrats can end the war.
* Watching the surge, by the numbers.
* China is set to become one of the world's top three economies.
* "Must the US president believe in God?"
* "From Boston to Los Angeles, a number of American cities are entering a middle age of sorts, and the infrastructure propping them up is showing signs of strain."
* Huh. Sixtieth moon found orbiting Saturn.
* Wait. They're going to allow lighters on planes again? But, wont' the terrorists win?
* Setting release dates for movies... in the summer of 2009.
Oh. Wow. Awesome old photo of Bill and Hillary Clinton.