Moktada al-Sadr has a new strategy for Iraq.
Good read: "There are two big schools of thought about what the U.S. should do next in Iraq, and both schools are almost certainly wrong." (Bonus history graphic: how not to end a war.)
Oh, wow. What neocons say when they think no one is listening: inside the annual cruise organized by the National Review. (Courtesy jwiv.)
THOR'S DAY NEWS:
* More examination of Cheney's secret energy task force.
* Dana Milbank on the Senate's all nighter to force a vote on Iraq. Dick Polman covers Congressional hypocrisy.
* Understanding Putin.
* The Kashiwazaki nuclear power plant was more heavily damaged by the earthquake than Japanese officials initially indicated.
* Jay Carney carves up the Republican poll numbers.
* What next for Sen. Warner?
* What does the future hold for Facebook?
* The rights to Terminator 4 are locked in a legal struggle.
Complete list of Emmy nominations.
Is the Harry Potter series actually getting more kids reading? Also, the growth of the Christian fantasy genre.
Excellent! The return of Classics Illustrated.