Wait, we've known this for months, but are just mentioning it now? Why? (Oh, right, perpetual war.)
* World Opinion Roundup: things are looking up as the Arab world is beginning to see single-power monopolies aren't good. And man, it's a wacky day when you agree with Iran.
* Howard Kurtz on looting and the aftermath. Meanwhile, Shiite clerics push for order.
* There's hope: Bush's re-election battle will be on the domestic front.
* Hey, we are still at war in Afghanistan, and we've now embraced nation-building. You might remember this as one of the things Bush campaigned *against.* back in 2000.
* Great news: scientists think they have broken the SARS code. And the Post has a simple SARS FAQ.
* Local news, Montgomery Co. seeks to standardize grading.