Pentagon report shows that the surge isn't working in decreasing violence in Iraq.
On the ground with the bomb-makers in Iraq.
* FBI finds it repeatedly broke the law in collecting data.
* The administration changes the focus of the Justice Dept.'s role in civil rights from race to religion.
* What a Hamas victory would mean for the U.S.
* Slate formally gives up its Gonzales death watch.
* Vox populi: "A strong majority of Americans - including nearly two-thirds of Republicans - favor allowing illegal immigrants to become citizens if they pay fines, learn English and meet other requirements."
* LiveOnline transcript with Dan Froomkin.
* Dick Polman sees a backlash against Republicans in rural America.
* Bird populations in steep decline.
* Director picked for Castlevania movie.
* Heh. Lost producers say their show won't end like Sopranos.
"The first concerted effort to understand all the inner workings of the DNA molecule is overturning a host of long-held assumptions about the nature of genes and their role in human health and evolution."