* A federal appeals court ruled yesterday that President Bush cannot indefinitely imprison a U.S. resident on suspicion alone.
* Hey, what happened to the Democrats' big plans for ethics reform?
* Our allies in action: Egypt holds another questionable election.
* Report critical of the VA mental health system.
* On dog breeding, DNA testing, and the future.
* Bringing ancient Rome back to life, digitally.
* "Though conservatives regularly accuse Hollywood of being overly liberal on social issues, abortion rarely comes up in film."
* The glut of summer action flicks creates a buyer's market for action figures and other tie-in toys.
* Nevermind, no Hellboy animated show. Feh. In unrelated news, Samuel L. Jackson joins the cast of the movie version of The Spirit.
* The creator of The Sopranos defends his controversial ending.
* Rutger Hauer on his long, strange career.