* Please read the State Department's annual report on human rights practices and problems.
* Back in Afghanistan, things are returning to normal as the Taliban re-emerge.
* Nearly 1,000 killed in the Congo. Man, I wish we could bring them some democracy, too.
* While I don't like the idea of us the new Iraqi textbooks, the ones they used to have are pretty chilling.
* How to crush the working class and poor: states, running low on funds, boost many fees.
* More good news you missed because of the war: Ehrlich's slot machine plan defeated.
* And finally, L.A. County names a camel as deputy. No word on whether he was wearing a hoodie at the time.