Previously, on Lost ... Welcome hippies! * Previously: 'some communion' * Emily, Roger. It's a boy. "No one knows we're out here." * Ha ha, truck . * "Roger. Call him Benjamin." * Happy birthday, Ben. * Richard didn't bring back the tape? OK, slacker. * Welcome back, Locke . "Why don't you start at the beginning?" * "We all answer to someone, John... His name is Jacob." * Only one who talks to Jacob , no one else has ever seen him. Gotcha. Heh, Locke's not buying it either. * "You are the man behind the curtain. The wizard of Oz. And you are a liar." * (See also: Henry Gale ) * Flashback! Sub. VW buses. Hippies! Namaste! Meet Horace Goodspeed. * Yay more training videos ! 'sonar fences protect the barracks' 'properties exist no where else on earth' (hey, injections ) * "I'm Annie." All the Apollo bars you want! * "Work man?" * And, welcome back Mikhail . Pylons not set to lethal, heh. * "He and I are going to see Jacob." * Violence! And, no one else helps! * Hi Alex . They need a gun to see Jacob? And man, she totally gave it right to Locke, not Ben. "Happy birthday, dad." * Baking soda volcano ! Not-so-baking soda tremors! * Rifles! Chains! "Don't worry, it's just the Hostiles." * (And the Hostiles cause tremors somehow?) * Bunny ! 'skirmishes with the natives" AAH DEAD MOM AT WINDOW * Jack and Juliet, gone. * Jacob's not going to like it. "This is a man who summons you." * A familiar swingset , and creepy dolls as a birthday present. * "Kind of hard to celebrate on the day you killed your mom." * Whispers. Fence. Mom! "Don't!" "It's not time yet, Benjamin." * Circle of... what is that, ash? * Sharing information! Again! "I'm sorry, don't you people want to be rescued?" * "Turn the tape over." (Wait, I thought Richard said he didn't bring it back?) Three teams, marked tents. "I think we got some catching up to do." * 54439. Adjust setting . Bunny ! Um, maybe you should turn the fence back on after you go through, young man? * Running through the jungle yelling for your mom, good idea. * RICHARD . SAME AGE. Familiar outfit , too. Richard : Wait. Are you lost? Ben : Are you one of them? A Hostile? ... Ben : You wouldn't believe me. Richard : Try me. Ben : She's dead. Richard : Did she die here, on the island? * Sends him home! * Meanwhile, at the Blair Witch House ... * Jacob dislikes technology? * "Aren't you going to say hello, John?" * (Note: some people think they say the smoke monster sitting in the chair.) * Also, what the hell is in that painting ? * Crazy? Another con job? Covering up? * HELP. ME. * Flashlight! "That's enough! You've had your fun!" Shot? OMG THERE WAS SOMEONE IN THERE * (Some people also say that Jacob looks like Locke, I am not convinced of that either.) * "What did you hear in there, John?" * "I wasn't born on this island." * Ben Work Man , hee. Running stuff to the Pearl. Again, seemingly traveling the island unarmed and not particularly worried. * Gas mask! Bye, dad. * Whoah. All dead! Horace too. * HOSTILES WIN. FLAWLESS VICTORY. (And I bet I knew who supplied the Dharma weaponry.) * Mass grave ! "This is where I come from, John. These are my people." * 'Couldn't even coexist with the Island's original inhabitants.' * BLAM * "What did Jacob say to you?" "Why did you do this ?" "Because you heard him ." Next week : the showdown is coming EEE Discuss! : * I am now more convinced than ever that the island ghosts are manifestations of Cerberus/The Smoke Monster, and that it is also tied to the whispering, and now, maybe, to Jacob. * OK, Richard. Before, he seemed like another Ethan-type character. Now, he seems to be one of the original Hostiles, and more creepily, doesn't seem to be aging (he certainly doesn't look any older, twenty years later.) * So, if the Hostiles can get off the Island, why haven't they? I mean, other than Richard, who we see in Juliet's flashback. * So, the Dharma/Hostiles conflict is heartily confirmed, mass grave and all. Is it possible that Mikhail was telling the truth, after a fashion, about being the last surviving member of Dharma? If not, who are the Hostiles communicating with on the outside? * OMG JACOB WTF