Good read: Dick Polman has the quotes from the beginning of the Iraq invasion.
"This is a dishonest measure, dishonestly presented, and Congress should reject it. Before making any new laws, Congress has to get to the truth about Mr. Bush's spying program."
Vox populi: Chris Cillizza parses the polls about the Iraq funding debate.
* Richard Cohen on the case against Cheney.
* "Attorney General Alberto Gonzales signed a highly confidential order in March 2006 delegating to two of his top aides - who have since resigned because of their central roles in the firings of eight U.S. attorneys - extraordinary authority over the hiring and firing of most non-civil-service employees of the Justice Department."
* Demands for Olmert to resign grow.
* Interior Dept. appointee "who revised scientific reports to minimize protection of endangered species resigns.
* "Four years to the day after President Bush made his now-infamous landing on the aircraft carrier, lawmakers observed the anniversary with the dignity Americans have come to expect of their leaders."
* Today's headline: "NASA rethinking death in mission to Mars"
* Scientists uncover gladiator graveyard in Turkey.
* Circuit City probably shouldn't have fired all their experienced staff.
LiveOnline transcript: David Lynch and transcendental meditation.
xkcd maps online communities.
The AVClub presents 13 failed attempts to start film franchises. (Courtesy warmaster.)