* Maliki's administration tied to arrest and removal of senior Iraqi army and national police officers who have been cracking down on militias.
* Rice rejects tying US support to benchmarks for the Iraqi government.
* "Is it significant that the five Supreme Court justices who voted to uphold the federal ban on a controversial abortion procedure also happen to be the court's Roman Catholics?"
* Israeli report highly critical of Olmert's war in Lebanon.
* BBC analysis of Bush's rarely-used veto.
* Tony Snow is back on the job.
* Hollywood picks up on autism.
* Harold Meyerson on the intersection of science, religion, and homosexuality.
* Excerpts from Christopher Hitchens' new book, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything.