* The White House lowers expectations for success in Iraq.
* Saudis break up large terrorist ring, foiling a plan targeting oil installations and more.
* The Tower of Babel: recreation inside the Green Zone.
* Huh. The story of the Canadian millionaire who bought a 791 acre farm to donate to Katrina victims.
* "So how well is Congress performing under its new Democratic leadership?"
* Advertisers are looking for ways to sell to Muslims.
* Can they really make snacking, the great American pasttime, healthy?
* The Explainer explains 'earthlike' planets.
* "US researchers have simulated half a virtual mouse brain on a supercomputer."
* Jack Valenti's real legacy may be the still-controversial film rating system.
Ten things we didn't know this time last week.